The presentation is sponsored by Oregon Housing and Community Services in partnership with the Oregon State Bar Association
A free seminar and webinar on state and local land-tenant regulations has been scheduled for Wednesday, July 10. It will include changes approved by the Portland City Council and the 2019 Oregon Legislature.
The presentations are sponsored by Oregon Housing and Community Services in partnership with the Oregon State Bar Association.
Both will be held from 11:30 a.m.to 1:00 p.m. at the association’s headquarters, 16037 S.W. Upper Boones Ferry Rd. in Tigard. Check-in for the seminar begins at 11:00 a.m.
Pre-registration is requested for both the seminar and webinar. You can register at the association’s website here.
A new pamphlet “New Rules for Landlords” is also available at the website.
The following topics will be discussed:
• Rights and duties of tenants
• Rights and duties of landlords
• Illegal housing discrimination
• Rights of a mobile home owner
• Threatened with eviction from a mobile home park
• Rent increases
• Reasonable rules in mobile home parks and floating home facilities
• Landlord rules in conventional rental housing
• Residential eviction notices
• Residential evictions
• Residential eviction defenses
• Getting repairs made
• When tenants leave belongings behind
• Tenants in foreclosed housing
• Tenant privacy and landlord access habitability
• Fees and deposits