In this piece, we shall be taking you through the things you probably do not know about Africa’s biggest housing and construction event – Abuja International Housing Show (AIHS).
1. Did you know AIHS is Africa’s largest housing and construction show? With over 40, 000 annual participants visiting Africa’s most populous country, Nigeria, AIHS holds the record as the most attended housing and construction event in Africa.
2. Did you know that AIHS hosts over 400 product exhibitors every year with unique and innovative products?
3. Did you know that at least 30 internationally recognised speakers attend AIHS?
4. Did you know that the show offers the largest market for housing and construction companies in Africa?
5. Did you know that AIHS is the number one event for stakeholders’ cooperation and networking in Africa?
6. Did you know that AIHS is attended by foreign ministers of works and housing from countries like Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, etc.?
8. Did you know that AIHS has contributed to the provision of at least 10, 000 affordable homes in the past few years?
9. Did you know that AIHS, through its policy advocacy sessions, has led to the establishment of Land Geographical Information System (LGIS) in almost all states in Nigeria?
10. Do you know that the 13th AIHS is sponsored by top local and international industry companies and brands like Echostone International, Cosgrove, American Home Builders of West Africa, AUHF, Affordable Housing Institute, Mixta Africa, Dangote cement, Nigerite, Ogun state investment corporation (OPIC), Urban shelter, Brain & Hammers, Infinity MOrtgage, COPEN Group, Shelter Afrique, Royal Ceramics, AFP Furniture (JUlius Berger), ABUMET C Costrimix, Wiser estates, IFC Edge building, Family Homes Funds, NMRC, FMBN.
11. Did you know that the 13th AIHS will be declared open by Vice President of Nigeria, Yemi Osinbajo?
12. Did you know that the 13th edition will commence from 23rd to 26th July?
13. Did you know that the highly anticipated event will hold at the prestigious International Conference Centre, Abuja?
14. Did you know that the theme of this year’s edition is ’Driving sustainable Housing Finance Models In The Midst of Global Uncertainty?’
15. Did you know that this year’s edition will hold special sessions like the CEOs Forum, Financial Conference, Not Too Young To Own a Home Session, Women in Housing Session, Alternative Finance Session etc.?
16. Did you know that AIHS is the leading promoter of affordable housing in Africa?
17. Did you know that the shoe has offered initiative to many state government in Nigeria to establish state ministries of housing?
18. Did you know that the show is the best place to make great career connections and meet investors?
19. Did you know that AIHS is a top policy development forum for housing policy stakeholders like presidents, governors, legislators, commissioners etc.?
20. Did you know that AIHS is a market place for latest information and developments in housing and construction?
21. Did you know that AIHS offers hundreds of job opportunities to career persons, printers, editors, audio and video producers, conference and event organisers, hotels, logistics consultants, vendors, caterers, etc.?
22. Did you know that AIHS offers the cheapest product bargains for buyers, customers and clients?
23. Did you know AIHS offers the highest quality clients to exhibitors and traders?
24. Did you know that AIHS is known for recognising excellence through its credible awards to performers in the area of affordable housing and construction?
25. Did you know that the top participating countries in AIHS includes USA, UK, China, UAE, India, Morocco, South Africa, Kenya, Ghana, Rwanda etc.?
26. Did you know that AIHS hosts past and present Presidents, Governors, National and State Assembly Members, Ministers, Permanent Secretaries, Directors, CEOs, Commissioners, etc.?
27. Did you know that AIHS hosts leaders from international organisations like World Bank, UN, AU, International Mortgage Banks, IMF, Shelter Afrique etc.?
28. Did you know that AIHS is streamed live on all social media platforms?
29. Did you know that AIHS has media coverage from almost all media organisations in Nigeria including AIT, TVC, NTA, Raypower, Guardian, Daily Trust, Leadership, Punch, This Day, Daily Sun, Vanguard etc.?
30. Did you know that AIHS gives opportunity for all participants to promote themselves and their brand through networking opportunity on the AIHS Mobile App on Google Store where the event can also be streamed live?