NO fewer than 20 families have been rendered homeless on Sunday afternoon in Delta.
The fire reportedly emanated from a cooking gas cylinder at Opi Street by fish pond in Ugboroke Community, Uvwie Local Government Area of the State.
The Sunday afternoon inferno razed down houses that would better pass for makeshifts, housing over 20 families.
There was no loss of lives, In spite of the pandemonium that ensued while the fire raged.
The reason was attributed to the timely intervention of men of the Delta State Fire Service who prevented the fire from spreading to other buildings.
Tribune Online gathered that the cooking gas cylinder exploded when a girlfriend of one of the tenants in the compound was cooking unknown to her that the gas was leaking.