The Organizer of Abuja International Housing Show – Largest Housing Event in Africa and Owners of Housing Television on AIT has congratulated the newly appointed Managing Director of Sterling Bank PLC Mr. Abubakar Suleiman.
In a Statement made available to the press in Abuja on Friday, the organizer of Abuja International Housing Show described Mr. Sulaimon as a Housing friendly personality who made it possible for Sterling Bank to win the Housing Friendly Bank of the Year at the 2017 Abuja International Housing Show/ Nigeria Housing Awards
The Abuja International Housing Show through its managing director, Bar. Festus Adebayo said the non interest banking for Housing Finance should be sustained by the Bank for the interest of affordable Housing delivery in Nigeria.
About Abubakar Suleiman
• Abubakar Suleiman obtained a degree in Economics at the University of Abuja. He also has a Masters degree in Major Program Management from the University of Oxford. In addition he has attended various executive education programs at INSEAD, Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, and Said Business Schools.
• He began his career as a Staff Assistant at Arthur Andersen (now KPMG Nigeria) from August 1996 to December 1997. He then moved to MBC International Bank (now First Bank) where he worked as a Management Associate between February 1998 to Agust 1999. He later worked in Citibank Nigeria in roles spanning Treasury and Asset & Liability Management Between January 2000 and October 2003.
• Abubakar joined Sterling Bank (then known as Trust Bank Africa) in 2003 with responsibility for Treasury and Finance. Following the merger in 2006, he was appointed Group Treasurer; a position he held until 2011 when he assumed the role of Integration Director – tasked with managing and integrating Equitorial Trust Bank (ETB) into Sterling.
• He was named Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in 2012, and appointed an Executive Director in April 2014 with responsibility for the financial performance of the Company; and directly overseeing the Finance and Performance Management, Strategy and Innovation, Brand Management and Communication, and Human Resource Management Department.
• Prior to this, he was also appointed Sponsor, Islamic Projects in November 2003 where he was charged with developing Islamic finance products.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.